CALL FOR ARTISTS – On Fertile Ground
CALL TO ARTISTS
2016 On Fertile Ground: Native Artists from the Upper Midwest
All My Relations Arts invites you to participate in a group exhibition, On Fertile Ground: Native Artists from the Upper Midwest, November 4th, 2016 – January 20th, 2017. On Fertile Ground, a group and regional exhibition, highlights the wealth of contemporary Native arts from North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
The 2016 On Fertile Ground show is the third and final segment of the series.
The exhibition will feature works from 12 Native artists across the upper Midwest region. Half of these artists are invited participants and the other half will be chosen by All My Relations Arts staff and two participating artists and jurors, Andrea Carlson and Jeffery Chapman based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the work focusing on artistic merit.
- Diverse regional representation, finding a balance of artists from each state.
- Diverse representation of mediums.
- Diverse representation of emerging to established artists.
- Selected artists will be receive a $350 honorarium.
- Shipping and transportation costs will be covered by All My Relations Arts.
- All artwork will be insured from the time it arrives at the gallery until it is picked up by the artist.
- The work may be for sale while on display at the galleries if the artist wishes. All My Relations Arts does not take commission.
- Artists must be either residents of or have a relationship to the following states and/ or tribal nations contemporarily or traditionally located within those states – Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Artwork must be installation ready by the submission deadline.
- Each artist must contribute 2 – 3 original pieces to the exhibition.
- At least one piece must be new or never exhibited before.
- Can be any medium but must be visual/ fine arts.
Submission Deadline: September 2, 2016
Notification of Status: September 22nd, 2016
Artwork due in gallery: October 26th, 2016
Exhibition Dates: November 4th, 2016 – January 20th, 2017
Opening Reception: November 4th, 2016
Questions? Please contact Rory Wakemup at email@example.com or (612) 235-4969 or Taylor Payer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 278-5754.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.