An Intertribal, Interdisciplinary, and intergenerational celebration of seeds through stories, gardening, art, and music.
A week-long celebration of seeds through storytelling, art, music, gardening demonstrations, and the book release of Diane Wilson’s latest publication, The Seed Keeper. All My Relations Arts has collaborated with multiple organizations whose work addresses seeds and uplifts the importance of seeds in our cultural traditions. Beginning with historical traditional storytelling to youth leaders, Seed Week features a variety of voices celebrating the importance of seeds.
Monday, March 8, Traditional Seed Storytelling – 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Monday begins with traditional storytelling with Hope Flanagan, Jim Rock, and Rocky Makes Room for Them.
Tuesday, March 9, 7 – 8 PM, Book Launch
- Tuesday launches the official book release of The Seed Keeper, by Diane Wilson. Diane will perform a reading and will be accompanied by two Native author writing cohort members.
Wednesday, March 10, 7-8 PM, Seed Planting Workshop
- On Wednesday, Dream of Wild Health will lead the audience through a seed planting demonstration, just in time for those spring starter seed plants.
Thursday, March 11, 7-8 PM, Sunflower Cookie Youth Leader Cooking Demo
- Native youth join us on Thursday and highlight their work as Youth Leaders.
Friday, March 12, 2:00 – 3:30 PM, Seed Celebration, Art, Music & Panel
- Friday caps off the event with a panel discussion and Q&A with local organizations, including Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance (NAFSA), Indigenous Food Network (IFN), Dream of Wild Health, Four Sisters a project of NACDI, and Hennepin County Community Seed Libraries. Concluding Seed Week will be a performance by musician Keith Secola.
Visit All My Relations Gallery to view Seed Stories: Art by Holly Young and Xavier Tavera from March 8th-March 27th. While at the gallery, pick up free resource information from local organizations, starter seed packets from Seed Savers, and a copy of The Seed Keeper. Seed packets and books are in limited supply and are provided on a first-come basis.
Download our poster here.